WILLIAM MARSH RICE UNIVERSITY
Required Insurance for Lessees of Rice Facilities
Lessee will maintain and provide evidence of the following insurance:
- Workers Compensation and Employers Liability insurance in compliance with applicable state laws, with Employers' Liability limits of not less than the following:
- Accident $1,000,000 Each Accident
- Disease $1,000,000 Each Employee
- Disease $1,000,000 Policy Limit
- Commercial General Liability insurance with limits of not less than the following:
- $2,000,000 General Aggregate
- $1,000,000 Products/Completed Operations Aggregate
- $1,000,000 Each Occurrence
- $1,000,000 Personal and Advertising injury
- $ 50,000 Fire Damage Liability
- $ 5,000 Medical Expense
Such insurance will contain no provision excluding coverage to any participants in non-athletic activities.
- Automobile Liability insuring all owned, hired and non-owned vehicles with limits of not less than the following:
Bodily Injury and Property Damage $1,000,000 Each Accident
- The aforementioned insurance policies shall bear endorsements waiving rights of subrogation against William Marsh Rice University, and the Commercial General Liability and Automobile insurance policies shall bear endorsements naming William Marsh Rice University as an Additional Insured.
- Before occupancy of the facilities of William Marsh Rice University by the lessee commences, the lessee shall provide to the University certificates showing the aforementioned insurance coverage to be in force and permitting expiration or cancellation of the policies only after thirty (30) days notice to William Marsh Rice University. All coverage shall be placed with insurance companies and/or underwriters acceptable to William Marsh Rice University.
The aforementioned insurance policies shall bear the following:
- Endorsements waiving rights of subrogation against William Marsh Rice University.
- Commercial (General Liability and Automobile Liability insurance policies shall bear
endorsements naming William Marsh Rice University as an Additional Insured